Note: This webinar has already taken place. Please” click here for upcoming online events> or browse” recordings> of previous webinars.
Workshops, peer groups, drawing sessions, DVDs, books, magazines…the list of resources for artists can go on and on. When you want to learn to draw or paint, you have many choices for how to go about it, and some artists simply wing it, and are self-taught. While this might be the case for learning how to manipulate different media and create a variety of standard or abstract subjects, when it comes to art business, who do you go to?
For example, if your work is polished and you’re ready to approach a gallery, how do you go about it? Kristin Hoerth, editor-in-chief of Southwest Art magazine, offers advice in a free webinar called Gallery Success, to be held Tuesday, October 29. You may have attended her recent webinar on Gallery Basics; if so, come back and learn even more about how to successfully work with a gallery, including:
• Knowing the different types of galleries
• Using contracts
• Selling direct to collectors
• Supplying artwork
• Participating in events
• Understanding who pays for what
To whet your appetite, here are three tips from Kristin. She’ll discuss these in further detail, along with the topics above.
1. To find art galleries, pick up local gallery guides, read art magazines, and use the listings in Artist%E2%80%99s” graphic designer marketplace>
2. Always be familiar with a gallery before you approach the staff about representing your artwork.
3. When it’s time to contact the gallery, have about a dozen high-quality images that you can submit.
Click” here to register for>Gallery Success; remember that it’s free, and you can participate from your computer. The webinar will begin at 1:00pm Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday, October 29. “See” you there!
Until next time,
**Click” here to subscribe the artists network newsletter for inspiration instruction and more>
And, don’t miss the first of this series: Gallery Basics.
Get A Free Download!
Click here for “When Worlds Collide: Art and Business: Claim Your Art Business Tip Guide to Learn How to Sell Your Art”